Saturday, May 15, 2004

Welcome to Arthritis Blog

Greetings and welcome to Arthitis blog.

I was motivated to start this blog when I noticed their was a niche to be filled in the blogosphere. Although there are a tremendous amount of Arthritis news sites on the web there was not a weblog that combined real life experience of someone suffering from arthritis with up to date news. I hope to fill that niche. I am 29 years old and was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis about three years ago after being misdiagnosed with everything from stress fractures in my foot to tendonitis. It's been a hard couple of years of trying an absurd amount of medications to deal with both the pain and the progression of the disease.

My goal for this blog is to chronicle my day to day struggles with my disability, detail my personal experiences with the medications I take, discuss alternative therapies and provide the latest news about arthritis with a healthy dose of sardonic wit and witty banter.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No - this isn't about arthritis.. but may be useful anyway -- have you ever heard that regular ejaculation can reduce the risk of prostate cancer? Check this out! http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993942

8:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry,
As a fellow arthritis sufferer, let me thank you for your blog. This is the first one I have seen that will allow for interaction.

I have RA, have for 20 years. Believe me, I have seen it all, 2 shoulder replacements, 2 knee replacements, one foot reconstruction. Embrel, now on Humera. I hope and pray that your insurance co. will cover one of these for you. Along with MXT, they are supposed to bring your arthritis into remission. Because I was diagnosed long before these miracls drugs (?) I have a lot of pain from past distruction of my joints. A must for me is warm water therapy. It is what keeps me moving, along with many medicines. The arthritis foundation sponsors these classes where we move every joint in our body, while in 92 degree water. It is without resistance, and very helpful.

Thanks again for starting your blog.
Ann

3:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home